Monday, February 21, 2005

So another week races by, and what do we have to show for it? You first! No really... oh, OK, if you insist! I finally got the official word: I am being appointed to my position as a permanent employee. Over 50 months in this program, across 3 government departments and 5 different assignments, and at last we arrive at the end of the journey. Finally, I don't have to (figuratively) wear the MacDonald's trainee button, anymore. I can tear it from my breast, strip off my wifebeater and button-down shirt --exposing a hirsute torso, pull my pants down, and play the bongos as I run around the office in my tighty-whities. I'm expecting the letter any day now. Dude, I SO rock.

Incidentally, this once-a-week blogging thing is where it's at! No more self-indulgent daily navel-gazing that doesn't seem to go anywhere and ends up coming across very trivial ( oh woe is me! I must vomit all my innermost thoughts into this blog everyday because I'm so deep and what I had for breakfast is so fascinating and what I think of some flick is so important and nobody understands me! ) Yup, Just straight-up quality content from now on. I'm gonna write about important shit! You know, actual interesting events that occur in my life?

Oh, yeah, did I mention I saw the movie SAW last night? That is one M-Fing scary flick, y'all! Oh yeah, and that Quaker instant oatmeal cinnamon cereal bar really hit the spot this morning. By the way, nobody understands me.

1 comment:

About me said...

Congrats! I never doubted that you would get it. What a relief. I'm looking forward to the end of the MTP myself but I'm quite sure I won't end up with quite the posh job that you did. You deserve it smarty pants!