Friday, July 18, 2008

Thanks

"We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents."
-- Henry Ward Beecher


Ain't that the truth!



I learned so much in these past few weeks:

I learned that you can become so incredibly attached to someone you have never even laid eyes on.

I learned that a 3-D ultrasound does give you a pretty good idea of what a baby will look like, so much so, that when William finally arrived, I exclaimed "that's the kid from the picture!"

I learned that my wife really is as tough as I suspected.

I learned, or rather confirmed, that my mother really is as generous as everyone always said she was.

I learned that family is not only the most important thing, it is really the only thing.

Now comes the really hard part...

1 comment:

Lindsay Stewart said...

hey congratulations! from us at canadian cynic.